Tuesday 2 March 2010

DJ History Podcast #53

Oops. Forgot to post this on Friday. Mainly cos I dashed off to Oslo to play at the Villa's 3rd birthday party with DJ Strangefruit. A brilliant night was had by all, topped off perfectly when we spotted John Lydon skanking on the dancefloor (yes really). Apparently, he was over in Norway filming a movie about the Norwegian punk scene in the 70s. I had a terrible hangover on Saturday though, but thanks to Øyvind Morken for keeping me company on Saturday.

On Sunday, I dragged myself out of bed and headed down to the Red Bull Music Academy where myself and Jeff Dexter took a load of RBMA music students on a guided tour of London's sacred music sites, including the Elephant & Castle Trocadero (where Buddy Holly first played in the UK) and Ministry of Sound to Tiles in Oxford Street and the Marquee in Wardour St. It was much fun.

Anyhow, here's the tracklisting for this weeks' podcast.


MICHOACAN - In The Dark Of The Night (Clap Rules Mix) (DFA)
JOY ORBISON - So Derobe (Aus Music)
BREAKBOT - Baby I'm Yours (Ed Banger) (Siriusmo Mix)
RAY MANG - Look Into My Eyes (DFA)
MADAMOISELLE CARO & FRANCK GARCIA - Soldiers (The Revenge Mix) (Buzzin' Fly)
BISON - Soup Fiction (Claremont 56)
DETACHMENTS - The Flowers That Fell (Fernando Remix) (TINAE)
TOBY TOBIAS - Macasu (Motor City Drum Ensemble Loft Party Remix) (LNA)
THE XX - VCR (Matthew Dear Mix) (XL)
MASSIVE ATTACK - Pray For Rain (Tim Goldsworthy Remix) (Virgin)

No comments: