Thursday 16 June 2011

DJ History Podcast #119

There are some proper corkers on this show. I don't know if it's just me living in my own little fantasy-land out here in the burbsville, but this year has been really good for albums. There's scarcely a week passes without an album arriving that's genuinely dead good. It might only be a compilation, but more often than not, it's an original album. In the past few weeks I've had the Junior Boys album (track included on this show) and the Omar album (ditto). I do love Omar, I think he's the most seriously underrated songwriter in the UK and I'm perplexed that he's not more venerated, though very happy to see he's landed on a label that will be sympathetic and supportive of his music.

Also on this show is Edward's 'Naxa'. Now I don't normally single out things for praise too mich because it makes the rest of the music on the show sound like makeweights which is indubitably not the case. However, 'Naxa' is absolutely ace. And it uses the drum loop from Shriekback's 'My Spine Is The Bassline'. Win, win, innit?



BENOIT & SERGIO – Around The World Cover (Double Standard)
OMAR – Kiss It Right (Tru Thoughts)
EDWARD – Naxa (Merc)
IFEEL STUDIO - Morgengruss III (IFeel)
JUNIOR BOYS – The Reservoir (Domino)
CHICAGO DAMN – Let's Submerge (Merc)
LUCKY PAUL FT. MILOSH – Thought We Were Alone (Gadi Mizrahi & Eli Gold Mix) (Wolf + Lamb)
RUDY'S MIDNIGHT MACHINE – Ecstatic Love Glow (Retrofit)
LITTLE DRAGON – Crystalfilm (Peacefrog)



No comments: