Thursday 31 March 2011

DJ History Podcast #108

As I write this, I have just put two small people into their beds and I'm gearing up for a weekend up in Glasgow, which I'm really looking forward to. Firstly, there's the small matter of a relegation dogfight with St Mirren v Hamilton, in which the Accies will inevitably succumb to the superior firepower and black and white striped shirts of the Buddies. Then, in the evening, it's Melting Pot's 10th anniversary. I was lucky enough to play at the very first MP ten years ago, in the Riverside Club (a brilliant venue! and I can even remember some of the tunes I played that night and they may well get taken out of mothballs for Saturday. Either way, I think it's going to be a special night.

I had so many good records to play on this show I had hold back at least half of them for next week, which I'm just preparing now (as well as dinner). Again, some great stuff here, including a brilliant new Todd Terje single (we played together last weekend in Jersey and he gave me an even better track, which will be on next week's podcast).

TRACKLISTING:
JIM CHOI - You've Done Me Wrong (Private Gold)
LITTLE BARRIE - Dream To Live (Bumpman)
B.C. x DELIVERY - Return To Me (Scion Audio)
CHILLY GONZALES - Never Stop (Gentle Threat)
BIBIO - Wake Up! (Warp)
AUDIOFLY - Follow My Liebe (Get Physical)
TODD TERJE - Ragysh (Running Back)
GREG PAULUS - Nightime (Wolf + Lamb)
LOLEATTA HOLLOWAY - Love Sensation (Salsoul)