Wednesday 18 May 2011

DJ History Podcast #115

Blimey, it's all go.

Maybe it's necessary, I don't know, but I'm really properly hating the "This is a promotional copy" robot voice that seems to blight every CD I get sent these days, especially albums. Firstly, it really destroys the listening experience. (Can you imagine, say, The Beatles' Revolver being sent out to eager reviewers only for "this is a promotional copy" to be plonked on the top of 'Tomorrow Never Knows'?) Frankly, it puts me off my stroke. And, also, as a minor cog in the world of music broadcasting, it renders all of these said CDs absolutely useless to me, since I can't play any of the tracks I've been sent due to said robot. Also, most of these tracks are already floating about on the ether long before any hacks or DJs ever get their hands on the files.


Tracklisting:
LOVEBIRDS FT STEE DOWNES - Want You In My Soul (Hot Toddy remix) (Winding Road)
FERNANDO - The 87 (UTS)
CHARLES WEBSTER FT DIVINITI - Learning To Love Me (P's Deep Rebooted Dub) (Miso)
MIRROR PEOPLE – Reaction! (Hands Of Time)
SOCIAL DISCO CLUB & RED D FT. METROBOX - We Made This Jack (We Play House)
HOTEL MOTEL – Donna Nook (John Daly Remix) (UTS)
OWINY SIGOMA BAND - Wires (Lexx Edit)
MR SCRUFF – Wobble Control (Ninja Tunes)
GIL SCOTT HERON V JAMIE XX - I'll Take Care Of You (Nirobi Edit) (XL)
MITZI - All I Heard (Bonar Bradberry Remix)

No comments: