Monday 18 October 2010

DJ History Podcast #86

Well, that was a week and a half.

Spent four days away last week, in Kiev and Berlin. My wife came over to Berlin and met me at my hotel. I played at Cookies on the Thursday, which was really great. I'd had a bit of a stinker the previous day in Kiev, so I didn't know what to expect, only that it couldn't be worse than the Kiev gig, surely? Well, it wasn't. They liked it deep. So deep, in fact, that I was a bit annoyed with myself for not bringing more deep stuff with me. Anyhow, it went really well. The next day I spent a few hours at Native Instruments with the boys from Traktor who were showing me their new controller, which is pretty exciting in terms of the live possibilities (it also has a soundcard fitted, which simplifies the setup somewhat too). Then me and my lovely wife spent the rest of the day wandering around soaking up the atmosphere before hitting the bars. Fantastic few days.

Anyhow, the podcast was done on the fly. Literally as it happens: I did most of it on the flight home and the rest once I arrived.


CARIBOU - Leave House (Motor City Drum Ensemble Remix)
ILL BLUE - Dragon Pop
PENGUIN PRISON - Golden Train (Club Mix) (WOS)
THE BUG - Catch A Fire feat. Hitomi (Ninja Tune)
RON BASEJAM - One Point (Redux)
ROBERTO RODRIGUEZ -Ride With Me Burnt Island Casuals Remix (Compost)
INFLAGRANTI - Notoriety (RD Edit) (Codek)
THE AIKIU - Just Can't Sleep (Azari & III Remix)
HOTEL MOTEL - Eye No (MASTER) (Home Taping)


No comments: